These are my favorite banana muffins for one reason: they don’t taste healthy at all. The coconut oil keeps them super moist and it tastes like you’re eating a lil piece of cake. I’m obsessed. These totally satisfy my sweet tooth without actually indulging in much sugar at all. Best of all, they’re super easy and quick to make – the hardest part of the whole thing is just waiting for the bananas to go ripe, so plan accordingly! 😉
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 medium bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a muffin tin with nonstick spray or oil.
- In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl bowl, mix together melted coconut oil, syrup, and mashed bananas. Mix in the eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Fold the almond flour mixture into the wet banana mixture until fully incorporated. Use a scoop to evenly fill the muffin tin. Bake for about 22-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan.