I love how quick and easy this recipe is. It’s perfect as a side dish but is hearty enough that I often eat it on its own for dinner. The subtle acidity of the sugar plum tomatoes pairs perfectly with the creaminess of the goat cheese. Added to the garlicky green beans, this dish is a party in your mouth. The toasted pine nuts are the pièce de résistance. The buttery crunch of these these little golden tid-bits elevate this dish to a whole new level.
- 2 cups trimmed green beans/haricots verts
- 1 1/2 cups sugar plum/cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chevre goat cheese (or more!)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 cloves minced garlic (we love the Dorot frozen garlic available at Trader Joe's!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. (Hack: I use my toaster oven for a speedier roasting process!) Prepare a baking sheet with foil and oil or nonstick spray.
- Spread halved tomatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Roast for about 20 min or until browned.
- Meanwhile, sauté green beans in an oiled pan for 10 mins on high heat, turning often till browned. Stir in garlic until just fragrant.
- Once the tomatoes are finished, toast pine nuts on a baking sheet for about 3 minutes at 400, checking often to make sure they don’t burn!
- Plate with a pile of green beans, scoop of tomatoes , liberal sprinkle of goat cheese and pine nuts. Or mix all ingredients in a serving dish like a salad and use as a side dish at a party. Enjoy!